DUNGENESS CRAB SANDWICH
With Dungeness Crab season well underway in California, we thought a great sandwich using this local crustacean would be a perfect way to start the New Year! You can try this easy to prepare sandwich, or if you’re a purest – all you need to do is boil ‘em in a pot and serve them with butter and sourdough. Enjoy!
Dungeness Crab Sandwich
- 12 ounces shelled cooked Dungeness Crab
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 8 slices sourdough sandwich bread, toasted
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- Mix crab, cream cheese, mayonnaise, onions, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and cayenne in a medium bowl.
- Spoon mixture onto 4 slices of bread. Top each with some avocado and sprouts and another slice of bread and cut in half. Also great on toasted french bread, with a slice of tomato.
*Recipe from Sunset - Image: A Breakey