20 SIGNS YOU’RE FROM CALIFORNIA
20 signs that California love runs through your veins.
1. You have militant opinions about what should go inside a burrito.
2. You think flip-flops are appropriate footwear for most occasions.
3. You know what I mean by “the 101.”
4. You call everyone “dude” at some point in your life.
5. You are prepared to camp at a moment’s notice.
6. You have never once referred to San Francisco as “Frisco.”
7. You agree with the statement “Avocado makes everything better.”
8. You have a decreased sense of urgency about just about everything.
9. Except for when you’re stuck in traffic. Then “Road Rage” is your middle name.
10. Tapatio trumps Cholula or Tabasco every time.
11. You mastered the art of passing through border security at the age of 16, when you used to party down in TJ. (And you don’t need someone to explain to you what “TJ” is.)
12. You would never order off the regular menu at In-N-Out.
13. You didn’t even know “seasonal produce” existed.
14. Anything under 65 degrees is jacket weather. And anything under 50 degrees is just freezing.
15. June Gloom is both a horrible weather condition — fog and grey skies IN THE SUMMER — and an accompanying equally depressing state of mind.
16. Your sense of geography about the rest of the country is maaaaaybe a little off, considering most of the driving you’ve done has been in-state.
17. You owned a pair of Uggs before they were in.
18. You overtly identified as “Californian” over “American.”
19. Growing up, you learned how to ski, surf, sail or all three.
20. You don’t understand why other states have so many bugs outside during the summer months.